Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DATA Shines Silver and Gold



On February 5th, eighteen DATA students competed in their first SkillsUSA regional event at Riverside City College. Students were required to assemble a written portfolio, take a skills test, prepare professional products based on specific criteria, and present themselves and their work to industry professionals for feedback.


Congratulations to the following student medalists!
 (Gold medal winners will advance to the state competition in San Diego, CA)

Photography | Individual Gold
Senior Israel Ruttenburg
Senior Gabriel Jimenez
Senior Spencer McQuinn
Sophomore Margarita Arechiga


Photography | Individual Silver
Senior Angel Torres
Senior Javier Rodriguez
Sophomore Devin McQuinn

Video Production Development | Team Gold
Arlene Arellano and Cristal Gonzalez
Dennis Keat and Joseph Arzuaga
Jessica Gallardo and Andrew Deleon
Jennifer Juarez and Linda Ha
Lupita Fuentes

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that I joined SkillsUSA and that I received a gold medal for Regionals. With this program I learned much more about video techniques. I am very glad to have attended the state competition in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I didn't win, I enjoyed being part of the photography competition. Being in SkillsUSA, helped me gain more experience and friends.

    ReplyDelete