Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 Earth Through a Lens Student Winner!


Congratulations to DATA Di junior Reymundo Hernandez for winning 1st Place- High School Division in the 2011 Earth Through a Lens photography competition! The contest challenged students to explore their environment to capture images focusing on a sustainable planet.

Reymundo will be honored in April at the Hyatt Hotel in Palm Springs, receive a new camera donated by Camera West, and have his work shown among professionals from across the country at the Rancho Mirage Public Library and the California Museum of Photography.



"My image was shot from a plane while flying over New Mexico. I was trying to capture the beauty of the natural formation of the clouds and how the scene looked almost angelic."


4 comments:

  1. Wow, great picture Raymundo. I like is projected it was great taking pictures of our beautiful Earth and how clean and fresh it is. Some of the pictures that entered in this contest were amazing, but Raymundo really earn that award on that picture because that picture looks so INCREDIBLE. I liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earth through a lends was an amazing project. It opened my eyes too what the earth can say to us through photography. I hope one day I can take a picture and really sum up what the earth is and what it can say to us through photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth through a lens was a delightful project to work on. This project gave me a reason to spend time outside and discover how beautiful the wilderness is. During the time I worked on this project the plants where blossoming so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this project it was fun. In my project i got my uncle and his kids playing in an abandoned sand-trap with there bikes. These projects are awesome and my classmates got really good pictures. I am really going to miss these projects.

    ReplyDelete