Friday, May 28, 2010

The 2010 Lion's Quill

DATA Di was once again apart of The Lion's Quill, the Cathedral City High School arts and literary magazine.  This was the 13th issue published by English teacher Donna Fitzgerald and her Creative Minds club celebrating the poetry, photography, drawing, and painting of CCHS students.

Congratulations to the following students for their work being published in the 2010 issue!

Victor Gonzalez, (Cover image) Think, Believe, Create

Melissa Wilson, Placed 

 
Tyler Johnson, Abandoned

Erik Ramirez, Self Portrait

Jessica Hernandez, Split Image of Balboa

Tyler Johnson, Dead End

Jessica Hernandez, Austin and Elias

Mike Pena, How Do I Get There From Here?

Tyler Johnson, Fractured

Victor Gonzalez, (Back cover image) Believe


12 comments:

  1. All the pictures are great, but I especially like the Think Believe pictures by Victor. Really awesome work, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures very creative work, but I like Tylers Dead End picture the most nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Melissa's the best. The way the flower stands out makes everything else seem black and white, even though it's not. Great work all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My photo entitled "How Do I Get There From Here" was put in the Lions Quill magazine. I do like the photo because it was one of my first attempts at creating a silhouette. I was happy with the end result and the words I later added seemed to fit the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these pictures got the recognition they deserved. Good job to all of them. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of all of them, i really liked Tyler Johnson's Fractured skull. I like how the designs on the skull came out. All of them were great though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really liked all of the pictures but the two i really liked was Mellisa Wilson's picture and tyler Johnson's picture, Mellisa's is a really nice shot it really catches somebody's eye and Tyler's is really creative in the fracture and really good a like all of the detail in the skull

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the work here is all awesome. Artistically I think Tyler has done pretty good things. Photoshop wise the others are all greatly equal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at all these excellent pictures. I definitely like Tyler's the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these pictures chosen were excellent examples of how data works. It was nice to see everyone's work displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely think these pictures, that were selected, were out of this world. Great lighting and nice subjects to take pictures of. I feel next years will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really enjoyed these pictures, they are really nice and professional looking especially the one by melissa wilson

    ReplyDelete