Monday, May 17, 2010

DATA Di at El Paseo Fashion Week 2010

The 2010 El Paseo Fashion Week hosted by Palm Springs Life Magazine provided DATA students with some amazing professional learning experiences.

Di photographers Melissa Flores, Markie Hackwith, and Jessica Hernandez all shot alongside professionals at the end of the cat walk.

Di graphic designer Victor Gonzalez worked directly with Palm Springs Life Magazine's fashion editor Susan Stein and David Vogel to create graphics for the El Paseo stores participating in the opening nite.  His imagery was blasted onto the giant screens on each side of the stage while models strutted in designer garb.

Other DATA students were involved in shooting video to document the event.



A very special thank you to PSUSD Visual & Performing Arts Coordinator Louisa Castrodale, Palm Springs Life Magazine Fashion Editor Susan Stein, and David Vogel for providing this opportunity for all DATA students!

11 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky individuals to get the opportunity to take photos of the El Paseo Fashion Show. It was one of the best experiences that DATA provided to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the single most rewarded experience I've had in DATA. I got a taste of the professional photo world and It prepared me for my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for being able to photograph El Paseo Fashion Show it was an experience I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up until this, I had no idea there was a fashion show of this scale in the Valley. To everyone who took pictures, they look so professional, it's quite extraordinary. I could see these being put in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fasion Week was an amazing experience that i will never forget. I got to work with some great photographers and I learned a lot about how to shoot fasion photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working along with a client to make something both her and I liked was fun, and i like that i got to show off my graphic skills, which I Hardly do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working along with a client to produce a product that both her and I liked was challenging, but fun. I also liked that I got to show off my graphics skills which i hardly ever do

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't go to this but judging by what people say it must've been an amazing learning experience. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great, we get to participate in this. The Fashion Show is an awesome way for us, as students to get experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though i wasn't apart of this project, I like ll the pictures you guys took. It really makes our city look really nice and worth coming over for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really really liked this, i wish i could have been part of this, i am really interested in the fashion and photography both are good combinations

    ReplyDelete