Sunday, December 20, 2009

DATA Di Collaboration Hits NPR.org


_______________________________________________

Paint the World with Light, a Challenge-Based Learning collaboration between DATA Di, the Shanghai American School, and The Mac Lab was featured on NPR.orgThe Picture Show, a blog focusing on "photos from around the world",
posted A New Material For Painting: Light with examples of student's work.


"Seeing my images on NPR fuels the creative drive to push my images for the project further." -Spencer McQuinn
"It is one thing to share the work you are doing with your classmates, but knowing that you are creating something for the world to see is very cool." -Aaron Armstrong
"Collaborating with other schools to benefit a good cause excites me.  Seeing my work on a nationally known website heightens my self-esteem and makes the high school experience all that much more meaningful." -Cecilia Tellez
"I think it is amazing to see my images published online at NPR.org.  It makes me feel that the work I do for school is important.  Knowing that the images will benefit a good cause makes doing the work completely worth while." -Markie Hackwith

Selected images from the Paint the World with Light collaboration will be published in the first of a series of books titled The Student Creative.  100% of the proceeds from the book series will be donated to benefit the Jacaranda School in Malawi.




___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment