Friday, June 4, 2010

Amplify Collaboration with Designer Luis Fausto



During the month of May DATA Di students worked with local designer Luis Fausto of Synergy Designs on the Amplify! Branding ChallengeStudents competed in teams to develop Identity Systems for the Amplify / Inksanity hair and tattoo studio in Palm Desert, Ca. which included a logo, studio photography, business card, rack card and promotional poster.  Each student on the team had different jobs during the process as they acted as a professional design agency.

Fausto emphasized the following items as students participated in the client briefing, worked out designs, shot original photography, and pitched final products

  • art as the foundation for design
  • the importance of sketching your designs before hitting the computer
  • the importance of communication and working as a team
  • what identity means for designers in today's industry 

The final products crafted by the two teams were pitched for client consideration to the owners of the hair and tattoo studio.


15 comments:

  1. I wasn't apart of this event, however i did see people working on it and it seemed really interesting. Collaborating with actual businesses sounds like a great way to prepare us for the real world. I wish i could have been a part of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Amplify Challenge was a very great learning experience. I learned how to work with customers and organize photoshoots. I learned a lot about lighting and patience. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What i got out of this challenge is that its all about pleasing the client. You have to do what the client specifies, but try to add your own thing in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Producing a product that your client wants with her things while adding your own twist, is tough, but this challenge taught me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't participate in the amplify challenge but I saw how well Luis worked with the students. The students showed their photography skills that they learned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge was one of the most professional one yet. It was great to push boundries and learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The amplify challenge was fun and a great learning experience! It was interesting to work with someone who knew a lot about logo designing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even Though I wasn't a part of this Project, Watching Markie Hackwith and Tyler Johnson work on this was quite enjoying, especially watching tyler design the dual logo was very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THe work you guys on this is really great i really like what you did with the scissors half needle half scissor it really came out awesome great idea it catches the peoples eye, really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This experience was fun to have participated in. I had a great time working with Luis to make a great logo. In my opinion, this was a successful way to learn more about digital imaging and graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tyler Johnson has the greatest ideas, I've seen most of his work and they are great! On this logo i liked the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought this project was so interesting because it was like a real job. Even though i didn't participate, I still thought it would be a good experience for the people interested.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though I was not part of this data activity, I would of enjoyed participating because it might give me more opportunities to work with professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did not participate in this project and I wish I would have because everything that my friends were saying about it made it seem interesting and it could have been a great learning experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the comments!

    This was a project that may have been a little late in the year but I think that everyone involved did an excellent job....

    students, Luis, Amplify and Insanity, thank YOU for all your energy and commitment to making such a great learning experience happen.

    ReplyDelete